1. Why should I use The Painting Broker instead of ringing Painters / Contractors myself?
- No frustration trying to find painters to come and quote
- Only pre-screened quality painters/contractors sent
- Painters/contractors save on advertising & material costs, saving you money
- Only painters/contractors who work in your area are sent
- Only painters/contractors who can do the job in your time frame are sent
- Only painters/contractors who can do your specific type of job are sent
- Only one (1) phone call to obtain up to four (4) independent quotes
- Competition ensures lowest possible price for quality work
- YOU maintain total control over quoting process
- YOU maintain total control over painting process
2. How do I proceed if I want a quote – what happens?
Email us via this Website Quote Request page or phone us on 07 3219 3733
We will ask for your name, phone numbers, fixed and mobile, email address and job address, a general description of the job- interior, exterior weatherboard etc. and your approximate job start time e.g. 1 month, flexible.
Then we will contact up to 4 painters that can meet your requirements. Each independent contractor will then phone YOU within approx. 48 hours and organise a suitable time for the painter/contractor to come and quote your job.
If you choose a recommended painter/contractor, you notify them directly and deal with them. You don’t need to notify us.
It is so easy. Just try it!
3. Does The Painting Broker guarantee the Painter / Contractor’s work?
The painters/contractors are totally independent contractors and businesses.
Our aim is to provide you with control over whom you choose, what quote you accept and how the work proceeds. Therefore, the PB cannot & does not guarantee the work.
4. What checks are done before The Painting Broker recommends a Painter / Contractor?
An initial check is made to ensure the painter/company is licenced, if required. A copy of Public Liability insurance is obtained.
References provided are checked for authenticity. If any serious complaints are made against a company and these complaints are verified as accurate, then the painter/company is suspended until issues are resolved.
5. If I have a problem with a Painter / Contractor, will The Painting Broker help?
Due to the contract being between you and the painter/contractor, we have no direct control over any disputes. However, we will encourage the painter to settle the problem quickly.
6. If this is a free service to clients, how does The Painting Broker make money, and does that mean I will end up paying more?
The service is TOTALLY FREE to home owners/clients. The painters/contractors pay us a very small amount for advertising which in most cases saves them 50% of their advertising costs. We have also negotiated group buying prices for quality brand materials which also lowers their costs. These things as well as healthy competition for your job, ensures excellent competitive prices for quality workmanship.
7. Am I under any obligation to use painters recommended by The Painting Broker? What if I change my mind?
This is a TOTALLY OBLIGATION FREE service for you. You can choose any Painting Broker recommended painter/contractor you wish and you can choose NOT TO USE any painter/contractor recommended to you.
YOU ARE IN FULL CONTROL OF THE PROCESS.
If you change your mind & don’t want to proceed, you can. You don’t even have to let us know.
8. How can I be sure that my quotes are independent and no collusion has taken place?
No painter/contractor knows who else has been referred to you. The Painter Broker does not get to know the price quoted by any painter/contractor and different contractors are sent to do different quotes.
9. Will my private information be protected and not shared with anyone else?
No painter’s private details will be provided to anyone without their permission.
The PB may in the future offer you other services, but you can request this not to be done at any time.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY.
10. What should I look for in a Painter / Contractor?
Painting quotes can vary due to different views regarding preparation. Even though we all want to get the best price, we should never sacrifice quality for price. The aim is to balance both PRICE and QUALITY. That is where the PAINTING BROKER can help.
. Look for contractors who will provide extensive details on what they will do and not do. This will help avoid misunderstandings and disapointments later. Don't accept a quote on the back of a card.
. Be careful of a contractor who discounts the price for cash. If they are not professional and honest with others, they won't be with you.
. Ask for references with contact details. When speaking with referees, ask questions regarding reliability and how easy it was to deal with the contractor. If minor problems arose (they sometimes do), did the contractor fix the problem quickly without arguments?
. Ask to see the contractor's Painters Licence (if in QLD or NSW), Public Liability insurance policy and make sure they are current.
. Look for painters who work on the project or who personally supervise the project. Use of subcontractors can add to communication difficulties and lead to the taking of possible shortcuts.